Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday Cookin'

Since starting work on a food tech startup in January I have spent significantly more time on the tech and less time on the food. Since then I've prepared old dishes over and over. My girlfriend hasn't said, "Spinach and sausage pasta...again?" yet, but her enthusiasm over a new dish the other night resounded loud and clear. I hear you, girl.

All the tech time has meant a lot of me sitting on my ass at the computer. By Sunday I need to shake up the routine, get off my ass, and step away from the machine.

So I'm setting aside Sunday afternoon as time in the kitchen. A good day and time to put on some music and to make pizza dough for Wednesday night, stocks for risotto and other dishes, sauces or butters to doll up poultry, and maybe even a little pastry to get us through the week.

It's also a good time to prep for Monday night Giusto meetings with the rest of the team. We've allocated Monday nights as our get shit done time. While Adah, Becca, and Sophia focus on usability testing, marketing, and SEO in the living room, I make dinner according to their Giusto profiles. It gives us a chance to test Giusto, spend time together, and make progress all at the same time.

If this leads to empty plates on Monday night, Giusto's done it's job.

No comments:

Post a Comment